Padgett Inc. is a high-performance organization that sets the pace in the Crane Services, Steel Fabrication & Erections and Machinery Moving/Rigging industry. Padgett Inc. is a respected drug free company since 1962 with quality workmanship. Our employees are the key to Company’s competitive success.
We are looking for employees to help us continue on the tradition at Padgett Inc. When pursuing a career you want to be apart of a company that has been and will be around for a long time, Padgett Inc is just that company. We are committed to helping our employees to reach their full potential and to recognizing their achievements. Padgett Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet).
Padgett Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to Non-Union employees that includes:
- Comprehensive health, disability and life insurance
- Comprehensive Dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid company holidays
- Profit sharing
- Attendance rewards
Current Job Opportunities
Heavy Equipment Truck Driver
Heavy Equipment Truck Driver entails driving diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination of 4 or even more axles in the transportation of Structural Steel, Fork Trucks, Cranes and Job boxes to a field environment. Truck drivers must know how to load the truck’s trailer so that driving goes smoothly; they also must know how to effectively turn on narrow streets and maneuver in traffic, park, deal with diesel engines, load and unload, and connect and disconnect the tractor from the trailer.
- Must have the ability to operate diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination in an effective and safe manner.
- Able to read and understand policies and procedures.
- Able to write legibly in order to keep and maintain logs.
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Be able to work and interact well with others.
- Must have knowledge of safe work methods and practices
- Must know guidelines for truck regulations and inspections related to the operation of semi-tractor trailers with 4 axles or more.
- Have sufficient strength, endurance, agility, coordination and speed of reaction to meet the demands of equipment operations.
- Loading and unloading equipment Structural Steel, Etc., bending, stooping, working in inclement weather.
- Must be able to drive fork trucks for loading and unloading of equipment.
- Ability to load, strap down equipment with the use of straps or chains and maneuver heavy equipment.
- Assure that cargo you are transporting is properly loaded, distributed and secured.
- 1 year of driving experience in the operation of diesel powered tractor-trailer combination of 4 axles or more.
- Possession of a valid State Driver’s License (Class A) is required.
- Knowledge and experience on basic maintenance of heavy equipment is highly desirable.
- Have Normal Vision.
- Good physical condition required – some lifting and outside work. Lifting up to 80 pounds, and 50 pound repetitively.
Steel Fabrication Drawings Coordinator
Responsibilities of Position
- Submit New Jobs to our detailers, this includes Detailing Information & Standards, Drawings & Specifications, Schedule, Sequencing and Special Instruction.
- Track & Expedite the RFI Process between our detailers and customers, however this sometimes requires communication with a supplier, or the EOR or the AOR.
- Work with our Sub-Contracted Engineer when required for Design Calculations or Stamped Drawings.
- Track & Expedite the Drawing Approval Process between Our Detailers and Our Customer.
- Track & Expedite all Drawings Revisions between Our Estimators, Detailers and Fabrication & Field.
- Coordinate & Implement all Detailing Software Upgrades between Our Planning Department & Our Detailers.
- Go to Jobsite to Procure or Confirm Field Dimensions, Elevations, Bolt Patterns and Member Sizes as Required.
- Develop Sketches or Rudimentary Drawings based on Estimator Provided Information to send to Our Detailers for Fabrication Drawings Development.
- Assembles drawing packages for use in the field and the shop.
- Reviews and coordinates Work orders
- Creates Shipping list, galvanized list, shop bolt list, field bolt list, cut list and purchase requirements to release jobs to the shop.
- Submits and coordinates SDS/2 issues and their resolution in both the shop and with the detailers
- Provides drawing views and clarifications, answering questions to both the shop & field personnel.
- Perform Estimating Take-off Work and Material Pricing as Required.
- Coordinates document flow through the office.
Requirements of Position
- High school diploma/GED or 3-5 years metal building and/or structural detailing experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, job specifications and other construction documents.
- Must have experience with SDS2 or AutoCAD.
- Must be highly organized adaptable to change and able to learn new processes.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to follow instructions and maintain logical follow-through on all projects.
- Efficiently answer and respond to questions regarding projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment and interact with customers and help efficiently coordinate the achievement of deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be alert to safety conditions and able to pass pre-employment and random drug testing.
|Painting of steel fabricated and non-fabricated parts; material moving to/from paint shed; responsible or paint equipment and ensure proper paint is used for job.
Responsibilities of Position
- Prep equipment and parts before painting.
- Report observed problems to supervisor (bad welds, bent/broken parts, etc.).
- Apply correct coatings per specifications.
- Material handling (moving to/from paint shed, turning parts over).
- Storing, cleaning, and general maintenance on painting equipment.
- Turn in paint compliance sheet at the end or start of each shift.
Requirements of position
- Able to follow verbal orders from supervisor, work with limited supervision.
- Must pass a respiratory-fit test, physical and drug screen.
- Must be able lift up to 80 pounds and 50 repetitively.
- 3-5 years of experience a must.
- Knowledge of paint and equipment.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Good physical condition required – some lifting and outside work.
- Must have good work habits – be on time, do not miss work, take pride in work, etc.
- Must maintain all painting equipment, and supply’s, keeping them clean and organized.
- Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays.
- Willing and able to work with others.
|Tool maintenance employees are responsible for the evaluation and repair of small engines, outdoor power equipment and handheld electrical devices. Knowledge of or strong interest in, methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Reponsibilities of Position
|Makes equipment recommendations and ensures that tools, small engine, hand held tools, and other equipment are maintained.
Must have diagnostic knowledge of engines and troubleshooting capabilities.
Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with customers.
Perform routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs.
Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts.
Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts.
Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs.
Keep records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used.
Maintain and issue maintenance supplies to employees.
Preform preventive maintenance daily on forklifts and overhead cranes.
Hydraulic and pneumatic experience is a must.