JOB APPLICATION FORM: Steel Fabrication/ Take off person
Estimate Structural & Miscellaneous Steel Fabrication Labor Hours & Material Costs. Work with Project Managers to Prepare Quotation Documents so They can Bid Projects to Their Customers.
Responsibilities of Position
- Evaluate Bid Drawings, Specifications and General Conditions to Establish Padgett’s Scope of Work.
- Estimate all Materials & Labor Required for Structural & Miscellaneous Steel Fabrication Projects.
- Procure Current Pricing and Lead Times for All Materials, Purchased Parts and Sub-Contractors Required to Perform the Project.
- Make Notes of Special Conditions, Time Constraints or Exclusions for Project Manager to Assist Them with Bidding Erection.
- Assist Project Managers in Preparing the Quotation Price and Inclusions & Exclusions.
Requirements of Position
- 5 Years’ Experience of Reading and Interpreting Architectural Drawings & Specifications Preferred.
- Experience in Structural Steel Fabrication & Erection, Welding and General Construction Preferred.
- Strong Analytical, Written and Verbal Skills.
- Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task.
- Basic Computer Skills Required, Takeoff Software Experience Preferred.
- Ability to Understand and Work with Fabrication Processes, IBC Building Codes, AISC Standards, AWS Codes.
- Have the Ability for Continuous Learning of New Processes.
- Must be Able to Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License.
- Padgett, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)