JOB APPLICATION FORM: General Labor
General Labors are responsible for loading and unloading bulk materials, such as job boxes, fork trucks, steel, equipment and wash and clean trucks and cranes returning from job sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Assists Drivers and Crane Operators through his/her shift. May be required to operate forklift.
- Able to retrieve material from yard and Crane shop, to load and unload Semi-Trucks.
- Wash and clean trucks and cranes returning from job sites.
- Able to complete all jobs independently.
- Able and willing to assist others in loading, moving and re-storing field equipment and vehicles.
- Position includes operating a wide variety of heavy equipment, general laborer responsibilities, and other general duties as needed at the discretion of Management.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
- High school diploma/GED or commensurate work experience in manufacturing and general construction.
- General property maintenance and construction skills preferred to effectively perform the essential functions of the position. (sawing structural beams, heavy equipment operation, etc.).
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to operate ground carts trucks and forklift equipment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment and ensure department and company goals and deadlines are met on schedule and efficiently. Ability to follow instructions and maintain logical follow-through on all projects.
- Proficiency in steel and warehouse operations; safety certifications and OSHA compliance.
- Must be alert to safety conditions and able to pass pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Good mental and visual effort required
- Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays and all increments of weather.
- Must have good work habits. (Be on time, do not miss work, take pride in work, etc.)
- Job requires standing and operating foot pedal most of shift, must be able lift up to 80 pounds and 50 repetitively.
(Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)