JOB APPLICATION FORM: Sandblast, 2nd Shift
Blasting of fabricated and non-fabricated steel parts; material handling, removal of used sand; cleaning and general maintenance of blast shed.
This is a 2nd shift position.
Responsibilities of Position
- Blasting fabricated and non-fabricated parts to specified specs.
- Material handling – moving parts in and out of blast shed, turning parts over or around.
- May be required to operate forklift.
- Help watch and keep tabs on exhaust system.
- Removal of used sand from blast shed.
- Keep blast area clean.
- May be required to help in paint shed.
- May be required to help out in yard.
- Assist in other areas at management discretion.
Requirements of Position
- Able to follow verbal orders from supervisor, work with limited supervision.
- Must pass a physical and drug screen (this includes a chest X-ray).
- Experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Good mental and visual effort required.
- Good physical condition required – carry large hose with 100 cmf. (cubic meter per foot).
- Must have good work habits – be on time, do not miss work, take pride in work, etc.
- Lifting up to 90 pounds and 50 pounds repetitively.
- Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet).