JOB APPLICATION FORM: Fitter
Layout and fit-up of steel parts from blueprints; know how to read and interpret blueprints; must have some welding skills; know how to use a torch; must have knowledge of the trade hand tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
• Read and interpret dimensions from traveler, blueprints and/or hand drawings.
• Must be able to fit-up and tack weld together steel parts to resemble said drawings.
• Must be able to assemble made parts to make up final designed structure.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
• Have knowledge of a working steel fab shop.
• Have overhead crane experience.
• Able to follow verbal orders from supervisor, work with limited supervision.
• Able to read a tape measure, and use hand tools of trade (Own or be willing to obtain).
• Good physical condition required – some lifting and outside work.
• Must have good work habits – be on time, do not miss work. Take pride in work.
• Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays.
• Will and able to work with others.
• Must be able lift up to 80 pounds and 50 pounds repetitively.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience