JOB APPLICATION FORM: Welder
Welding of fitted and non-fitted steel structures; know structural welding symbols; some blueprint reading helpful; some welding may require certification.
Responsibilities of Position
- Follow weld instructions for each job.
- Prepare each piece before welding (grinding, cutting, pre-heating).
- Put down the best weld possible.
- Us drill, punch, and torch correctly.
- Finish each piece, get it checked by QC and get it to the paint shed.
- May be required to operate forklift.
- May require testing to become certified.
- Keep your work areas clean; sweeping up.
- May be required to load and unload material or help move material to and from paint shed.
- May be required to help bolt job together.
- May be asked to weld on Padgett’s personal equipment.
- Assist in other areas at management discretion.
Requirements of the Position
- Able to follow verbal orders from supervisor, work with limited supervision.
- Must have some welding experience.
- Able to read tape measure and use hand tools of the welding trade.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pound and 50 pounds repetitively.
- Good physical condition required — job requires standing, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Must have good work habits — be on time, do not miss work, take pride in work, etc.
- Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays.
- Willing and able to work with others.
- Be Safety Conscious.
Paid weekly, 401k & matching, PPO/HSA Health Insurance, Paid Holidays/Vacation, Dental, LTD/STD, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Profit Sharing Plan.
For more information: www.padgett-inc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)