JOB APPLICATION FORM: Structural & Misc. Steel Take-off Person, Estimating Assistant
Interpreting architectural and structural drawings and supporting documents to provide an estimate for fabrication and/or assist in take-offs.
Responsibilities of Position
- Complete material take–offs of structural and miscellaneous steel for Fabrication Quotations.
- Supplying information to Estimators bidding structural & misc. steel erection & installation.
- Contacting contractors for clarifications of bid documents, preparing quotation letter for Estimator and sending out quotes after the approval process.
- Review design drawings and specifications using discretion and industry standards.
- Inputting information into Fabtrol based on size, shapes & configuration for quantity & labor hours.
- Follow up with contractors after the bidding process for results & information.
- Maintains a protocol of documents in such a way that information can be retrieved and understood by others.
Requirement of Position
- Able to follow verbal orders from supervisor, work with limited supervision.
- Assist in other areas at management discretion.
- Computer & fundamental CAD skills helpful.
- Able to read and interpret Structural & Architectural drawings.
- Fundamental understanding of Fabrication Processes helpful.
- Ability to use measuring instruments as required.
- Experience with Commercial and Residential projects.
- Read and interpret job specifications & documents.
- Ability for continuous learning of new processes.
- Must have good work habits, take pride in work, etc.
- Willing to work overtime and some Saturdays.
- Willing and able to work with others.
Ability to work in fast paced, high volume environment and ensure department and company goals and deadlines are met on scheduled and efficiently