JOB APPLICATION FORM: Steel Fabrication Estimator
Prepares cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
Responsibilities of Position
- Generate new business, via bidding process.
- Prepare complete bid packages for structural & miscellaneous steel fabrication projects including take off of steel materials estimate all necessary shop labor, estimate materials, buyout items, equipment cost etc.
- To prepare a thorough bid estimate – review bid documents; Communicate with customers, architects and engineers for bid related items.
- Obtain subcontractor and vendor quotes.
- Prepare written proposals.
- Post bid follow up and negotiations.
- Prepare extra work/change order estimates as required.
Requirements of Position
- Professional, self-motivated individual with a minimum of 5 years Fabrication steel estimating experience.
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings, specifications and bid documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrication processes, IBC building codes, AISC standards, AWS codes.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Fabsuite experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Must able to read and interpret job specifications, document project activity and have ability for continuous learning of new processes.
- Efficiently answer and respond to questions regarding projects and resolve maintenance issues without supervision.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment and ensure department and company goals and deadlines are met on schedule and efficiently.
- Safety certifications and OSHA compliance.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license.