JOB APPLICATION FORM: Crane Mechanic
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Responsibilities of Position
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing weatherization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Requirements of Position
- High school diploma/GED or commensurate work experience as a Diesel mechanics.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and audiences with diverse backgrounds and educational levels
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks; responds promptly to customer needs, seeks opportunities to improve processes and implements creative solutions.
- Provides full attention to what other people are saying, respectfully communicates by taking time to understand the points being made and asks questions at appropriate times to obtain clarification.
- Prefer vocational or technical training to operate machinery or minimum 5 years related experience.
- Must be able to travel; may assist in other shop areas at management discretion.
- Must able to read and interpret job specifications, document project activity and have ability for continuous learning of new processes.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to operate ground carts and forklift equipment.
- Efficiently answer and respond to questions regarding projects and resolve maintenance issues without supervision.
Good physical condition required – some lifting and outside work. Lifting up to 80 pounds, and 50 pound repetitively.